Monday, November 15, 2010

Diet, Diet, Diet....Man I stink.

For so long (forever), I have had the mentality of eating whatever I want because I burn it all off dancing. Well, hello!! I don't dance that much anymore. And even if I work out well, I am not able to get where I want by maintaining by current diet of rich food and ENORMOUS proportions. I know I'm not the only one... From what I've read, diet is about 70-80% of your success. I'm not talking about dieting. I'm talking about changing your lifestyle and your standards for what you put in your body.

I SOOOOOOOOO need to practice what I preach.

I did get a little motivation at the gym this morning - that's right, I went to the gym again finally. I saw a mom and daughter duo who have been at the gym religiously since I moved back to Kamas (about 5 months ago). Every morning that I have been there, they have been there. And I'm sure it's no coincidence. They are solid. And they are doing GREAT workouts! Plenty of cardio including intervals, weights, plyo, etc. They really do have awesome workouts going for them. But in 5 months, I haven't seen the tiniest change in them. I'm sure they're stronger than they were before, but their bodies haven't changed at all. Obviously, they haven't changed their diet.

Don't get me wrong. This mom and daughter have a huge leg up on me. They have mastered the discipline of being at the gym everyday without fail. I totally admire them. But I also can look at them and see that I can't go on eating the way that I do and think that the gym will work some miracles.

When will I decide to change my eating lifestyle? When will I make being in the best shape possible a real priority, rather than just a wishful thought that occupies A LOT of thought in my head. I am capable of a lot... I know that I can get (back) in the greatest shape of my life. I've just got to figure out how I can make the change and stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment